Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Season 6 Week 5 Performance Top 12

One again tonight the viewing audience votes and the bottom three gals and three guys will dance for their lives on tomorrow nights results show. The judges will then cut one gal and one guy tomorrow night.

Tonight all the dancers danced two routines. This week is extremely important because it will decide the Top 10 and the Top 10 dancers will go on tour for a year when this season is over.

Once the Top 10 are chosen the viewing audience will decide who gets cut based on the voting, the judges will only be on each show for their expertise opinions. Also after tonight the couples will no longer be together, they will be picking partners at random each show starting next week.

The judges tonight were Nigel, Mary, and Adam.

Here is my performance review for tonight’s show by couple round one and two:


1] Ellenore and Ryan
Round one: Style Lindy Hop – Song “I have got to be a rug cutter.”
Nigel said, “I really enjoyed watching that routine.” Mary said, “That was tremendous the end was amazing.” Adam said, “That was awesome you guys.” I did not like the style, but the dancers did a good job it looked like. High energy and good execution of the moves.

Round two: Style Broadway – Song “Razzel Dazzel”
Adam said, “You guys nailed it! Ellenore you are a rock star and Ryan you brought the character.” Mary said, “Ryan you dug in and got the character. Ellenore you are unique and I don’t think we have had a dancer like you on the show. You are the ‘it’ girl because you have ‘it’.” Nigel said, “Both of you were in character. Great job.” I completely enjoyed it and I am starting to like Broadway. Very good.

2] Kathryn and Legacy
Round one: Style Jazz – Song “So Deep”
Adam said, “Great choreography by Sonya. You guys keep dancing like that you are going all the way.” Mary said, “Legacy those ‘crab walks’ were outstanding and Kathryn you are ‘drop dead’ gorgeous and did a great job.” Nigel said, “This was my favorite routine of the season. Legacy I never thought you were musical until tonight. Both of you guys were great.” I thought this was an awesome routine and I agree with Nigel as far as this being the best routine of the season.

Round two: Style Viennese Waltz – Song “You Guardian Angel”
Adam said, “Legacy that was fantastic and Kathryn another great night for you.” Mary said, “Legacy those were great lifts and Kathryn you are perfection.” Nigel said, “You needed better movement and Kathryn you are gorgeous.” I though this was a triple “wow”. It was beautifully danced performance wise. I also like the message Legacy delivered about “Hope” for everyone.

3] Victor and Karen (A new couple this week)
Round one: Style Tango – Song “Montsorrat”
Adam said, “Victor you had great poise and stature. Karen you had great energy and both od you did a good job.” Mary said, “Because you two are a new couple this week I did not think you could pull this off and you did. I was surprised and you guys had tremendous quality and movement.” Nigel said, “You guys had chemistry and it was beautiful to watch. Victor that was fabulous and Karen you really have something special.” This was another ‘wow’ for me. Very nicely done and they had my full attention.

Round two: Style Hip-Hop – Song “Moving Mountains”
Adam said, “That was intense but something was missing. I think the music threw me off. The dancing was great though.” Mary said, “It was okay, but not memorable.” Nigel said, “I did not get anything I could hold on too out of that routine.” I thought it was okay.

4] Mollee and Nathan
Round one: Style Hip-Hop – Song “Ring-a-ling”
Adam said, “Mollee you had a couple of bobbles but that could have been because of your sore ankle, but you did look stressed and the dancing was soft. Nathan you did great.” Mary said, “The routine started slow and picked up as it progressed. There were a few bobbles and I enjoyed watching.” Nigel said, “That was ‘Hip-Hop 101’ you guys needed to mature.” I thought it was soft and just okay.

Round two: Style Can-Can (New style this year) – Song “Can-Can Suite”
Adam said, “Nathan did better than Mollee but both did good.” Mary said, “You guys ‘killed it’. Great energy and made it enjoyable to watch.” Nigel said, “You had great energy and were the perfect couple for this style.” I thought Nathan was good and Mollee so-so.

5] Russell and Noelle
Round one: Style Samba – Song “Hips don’t lie”
Adam said, “I enjoyed it but it was a little too nice. Both great dancers, but I needed more.” Mary said, “The performance level was phenomenal and Russell you brought the joy.” Nigel said, “Noelle you seemed to dance it too ‘clinical’ and Russell good job.” I though it had high energy and I really liked the moves.

Round two: Style Contemporary – Song “A case of you”
Adam said, “You guys were gorgeous and the opening was one of my favorite moments this season.” Mary said, “That was a special routine, it flowed from beginning to end. It was ‘out of this world’.” Nigel said, “Noelle you were totally committed and Russell your technique is getting better each week.” I though it was beautifully danced and the paint was a nice touch.

6] Ashleigh and Jakob
Round one: Style Lyrical Jazz – Song “Time Flies”
Adam said, “That was so beautiful I don’t know what to say. Jakob you are a privilege to watch and Ashleigh that was excellent.” Mary said, “You guys had great chemisty. Jakob your passion and technique is great and Ashleigh you have grown a hug amount.” Nigel said, “I take back what I said about Sonya’s Jazz routine being the best, this was. You two as a couple give too each other what each needs. Great job.” I thought it was very nicely danced, but likes Sonya’s Jazz routine better.

Round two: Style Cha-Cha – Song “Cha-Cha Heels”
Adam said, “Jakob you did a good job and asked Ashleigh if we were welcome to her world?” (This is Ashleigh’s specialty). Mary said, “Ashleigh it does not gate any better than that. Jakob you were sharp and there for her.” Nigel said, “Great job both of you.”


AAN “Comments”
You need to remember that the couples all have been together for several weeks and that showed in tonight’s performances, but this competition is to chose one dancer and not a couple. After tonight when the couples are broken up and begin choosing a partner randomly, things will definitely be a different ball game. Now I am by far not an authority on dance styles, I have to listen to the judges about that. I do know when I am entertained and what I look for is in a routine which dancer of a pair gets my attention. I also look for the dancer that is not even close to his or her style (specialty) and I am entertained by that individual.

Tonight was awesome and I am looking forward to tomorrow nights results and to begin the Top 10 count down starting next week. Bravo to all the couples on tonight’s show!

I have nothing to add except this show “rocks!”


No comments: